Des Moines, IA Fri Jan 14,2011 USDA-Iowa Dept of Ag Market News
National Direct Delivered Feeder Pig Report: Week Ending Jan 14
Weekly Summary of prices on a delivered farm to farm basis.
RECEIPTS THIS WEEK: 136,238 LAST WEEK: 107,846 LAST YEAR: 153,189
VOLUME BY STATE OR PROVINCE OF ORIGIN:
Manitoba 17.6%, Iowa 14.7%, Illinois 14.2%,
Indiana 8.0%, Alberta 7.7%, Nebraska 6.9%,
Oklahoma 5.4%, Missouri 5.2%, Minnesota 4.3%,
Colorado 3.9%, Ontario 3.5%, North Carolina 2.9%,
Saskatchewan 2.6%, Kansas 1.5%, North Dakota 0.8%,
VOLUME BY STATE OF DESTINATION:
Iowa 67.6%, Minnesota 13.5%, Indiana 7.7%,
Illinois 6.2%, Missouri 1.9%, Michigan 1.7%,
Nebraska 0.8%, Ohio 0.6%,
TRENDS COMPARED TO LAST WEEK: Early weaned pigs steady. All feeder
pigs 4.00 per head higher. Demand moderate for moderate offerings.
Receipts include 42% formulated prices.
LOT SIZE NUMBER OF HEAD PRICE/HEAD WEIGHTED AVERAGE PRICE
EARLY WEANED PIGS 10 POUNDS BASIS: ESTIMATED 50-54% LEAN VALUE
250-750 7152 31.00-58.80 $45.30
750 or more 105625 32.85-67.00 $51.68
Total Composite 112777 31.00-67.00 $51.27
FEEDER PIGS 40 POUNDS BASIS: ESTIMATED 50-54% LEAN VALUE
250-750 3170 68.00-79.00 $71.84
750 or more 20291 65.64-82.00 $75.61
Total Composite 23461 65.64-82.00 $75.10
SUMMARY OF TOTAL COMPOSITE weighted average prices showing variations of
values between formula pigs and cash pigs included in quotes above.
Basis Head Range $/Head Head Range $/Head
10 Lb 52723 31.00-58.84 $42.84 60054 47.80-67.00 $58.68
40 Lb 5485 65.64-79.00 $75.00 17976 68.00-82.00 $75.13
+Prices are quoted on a per head basis delivered to the buyers farm.
These prices include freight and fees on a farm to farm basis.
++Most lots of 40-60 weight pigs have a sliding value from the
negotiated weight basis which is calculated on the actual average
weight of the load plus or minus .25-.40 per pound. Some early weaned
lots have a slide of .50-1.00 per pound.
+Early weaned pigs are under 19 days old.
+Estimated lean value is projected to use slaughter weights with normal
confinement feeding conditions.
+Vaccination and health program values are not included but health status
should be disclosed.
Source: USDA-IA Dept of Ag Market News, Des Moines, Iowa
Bruce Thomas, Marketing Reporter (515) 284-4460
U.S. Direct Feeder Pig Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Help for flood affected farmers
- USDA says has detected virus in Iowa hog population
- Oil rallies for third day, shrugging off firm dollar
- Ag markets diverged significantly Friday afternoon
- Hog Outlook: Retail prices up 2.4 percent over the last 2 years
- Premium Standard Farms now Murphy-Brown of Missouri
- McDonald’s replaces Angus burgers with new burgers, more bacon
- Insects. They’re what’s for dinner!
- Tyson selects panel to monitor animal welfare program
- NPPC: America’s hog farmers urge Christie to veto bill
- World food supply depends on character, virtuous leadership
- Pot Pigs: Marijuana and vodka fed to hogs