Good food. Responsibly. That’s the message in Smithfield Foods’ newly launched website designed to engage audiences to learn more about the company’s brands, products, policies and processes.
Scroll through the website and you’ll find messages such as: “Good food for everyone,” followed by explanations of the company’s commitment to numerous responsibilities. “Acting responsibly goes a long way in producing good food,” the company tells the viewer.
Along with placing focus on the company’s 12 core brands-- Smithfield, Eckrich, Farmland, Armour, Cook's, Gwaltney, John Morrell, Kretschmar, Curly's, Carando, Margherita, and Healthy Ones, it provides a up-close look at the product as well as ideas on how to prepare them.
“Good food is the great connector. It links us to people, unites our communities and keeps families together,” Smithfield outlines. “No matter how or where you gather, Smithfield Foods can be a part of your experience. We produce many popular products like hams, bacon and sausage, from brands you know and love. “
Other features on Smithfield’s new site include:
- It features a section focusing on “Our commitments,” which include animal care, environment, food safety, helping communities and more.
- •In the animal care section, it flushes out company programs and expectations associated with company farms, contract growers, safe transportation, Smithfield plants and other aspects. It talks about goals, targets and policies.
- “Prepare to Share” will be updated monthly to offer tips for food occasions, preparation and new recipe ideas featuring Smithfield Foods products such as spiral sliced ham, cocktail smokies, hickory smoked bacon or any of the company's other offerings.
- A section devoted to current and potential investors.
- Access to ongoing employment opportunities at each of Smithfield's independent operating companies.
- An interactive, easy-to-navigate organizational chart.
“Good food is about more than the actual product. It's also about who you share it with, and the memories you make together,” says C. Larry Pope, president and chief executive officer of Smithfield Foods. “We are proud that our products are a part of something so important and are very excited to enhance those experiences through our new website.”