Timely, accurate information is the first line of defense in managing porcine circovirus associated disease, and the answers you need are only a click away at the a new PCVAD Web page that the National Pork Board has created.
“We are working with Dick Hesse, Kansas State University’s director of diagnostic virology and an expert on PCVAD, to provide practical information,” says Angela DeMirjyn, NPB's manager of science communications.
NPB has contracted with Hesse and Kansas State University to provide monthly updates on what’s new with PCVAD. The February 2008 posting, along with previous updates, is available by following this link.
Producers also can download the informational brochures titled, “A Producer's Guide to Managing PCVAD” and “PCV- Associated Diseases, Take Steps to Protect your Herd.”
“The February article is especially important, because it provides the baseline knowledge that will help you better understand other information that will be posted about PCVAD,” says DeMirjyn, who notes that at least one new posting will be added to the site each month.
Source: National Pork Board
Web Site Provides PCVAD Updates
- Online Chinese pork promotion draws rave reviews
- Baise: Water Police, part four: EPA's definition of 'adjacent waters'
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- U.S. steps up trade pressure on Japan ahead of Obama visit
- From our April issue: China's road to prosperity
- Innovation helps corn plants better withstand drought stress