Does the Feed in the Feeder Match Diet Goals?
With hog prices and the economics of producing pork having improved considerably over the past several months, there has been a universal sigh of relief. FULL STORY »
Feed Them Right and They will Grow
In an attempt to reduce costs, swine producers feeding newly weaned pigs frequently feed small amounts of complete pellets and transition them to grind and mix diets too soon. FULL STORY »
Measuring Mycotoxins and Distillers’ Grains
Pick up any feeding guide on distillers’ grains and you’ll find a warning about the potential for mycotoxin contamination. The ethanol refining process concentrates the levels and storage can up the ante. Here’s what you need to know. FULL STORY »
Looking at DDGS Options (Nutrition)
If given a choice, hogs prefer the taste of standard feed versus grains that contain nutritionally enhanced dried distillers grains with solubles, say Kansas State University researchers. FULL STORY »
Hull-less Barley Superior to Conventional (Nutrition)
Hull-less barley is far superior to conventional hulled barley for feeding to swine, according to research at Virginia Tech’s Tidewater Research Station. From a crop stand-point, yields per acre are comparable. FULL STORY »
- Hog Outlook: Retail pork prices average $4.215 per pound
- Higher pork production anticipated in 2015
- Lighter Side: World's tallest cow found in Illinois
- Mark Greenwood named president of The Maschhoffs, LLC
- Photo of the Day: Phantom of the farrowing barn
- Jolley: Five Minutes with Vani Hari and why does she matter?