By now most readers of this blog, at least in the US, have read about the spread of PED virus in the Midwest swine industry. Last Wednesday at a meeting of veterinarians and producers at World Pork Expo it was announced that there have been 103 confirmed infections in the past month with the number expected to grow rapidly.
Brumm Speaks Out: PED virus and biosecurity
- Survey shows big data use increasing
- Pork production climbs 2%
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Record U.S. soybean crop may hold silver lining for Iowa farmers
- Meat export volumes lower in August, but value remains strong
- We are Indiana agriculture: Emiley Gaskill doing what she loves