By now most readers of this blog, at least in the US, have read about the spread of PED virus in the Midwest swine industry. Last Wednesday at a meeting of veterinarians and producers at World Pork Expo it was announced that there have been 103 confirmed infections in the past month with the number expected to grow rapidly.
Brumm Speaks Out: PED virus and biosecurity
- Commentary: Beached whale for breakfast
- Photo of the day: Pig farming not a 9 to 5 job
- Dr. Lonnie King to keynote NIAA Antibiotic Symposium
- Missouri’s ‘Right to Farm’ heads to recount
- Bigger is better with the new John Deere 2730 Combination Ripper
- Baise: Iowa drainage district pushes EPA to 'ditch the rule'