Stored grain poses danger
Anyone working around grain bins needs to be aware of the dangers of stored grain, North Dakota State University Extension Service agricultural engineer Ken Hellevang warns. FULL STORY »
Feed ingredients potentially involved in PED transmission
The potential exists for feed and/or feed ingredients to serve as a vector for porcine epidemic diarrhea (PED) virus, though more research is urgently needed. Some feeds contain spray-dried porcine plasma, and experts are taking a closer look at this product. FULL STORY »
Earlier planting dates are key for higher soybean yields
Many times the differences in attaining higher net income for soybean producers can be directly tied to the timing of planting. FULL STORY »
Global pork outlook puts prices in the black
Lower feed costs and the impact of Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea virus in the United States, Canada and Mexico will increase market prices, while the industry continues to search for solutions. FULL STORY »
Danisco achieves FDA approval for cost-effective phytase for pigs
Danisco Animal Nutrition, a subsidiary of DuPont, recently achieved an FDA agreement for Axta PHY, a highly cost-effective phytase for pigs. FULL STORY »
- Photo of the day: Forget #felfies – here comes #pelfies!
- Lighter Side: Get the Best of the Black Pot!
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Stewardship of new technologies embraced by U.S. meat industry
- Research is being conducted on Brazilian meat production
- Ag markets moved mostly lower Tuesday night