Cattle Moved To South Australia From Drought-Stricken Areas Of The Country
The Sydney Morning Herald reports South Australia’s livestock industry will receive an estimated boost of $50 million as cattle are moved from drought-stricken Western Australia to south and eastern states. FULL STORY »
Video: Lines Drawn In Australian Sow Stall Battle
A bitter dispute between most of Tasmania's pork producers and animal welfare activists has erupted over the Tasmanian Government's decision to ban small pens for sows on the grounds of cruelty.
FULL STORY »
Tightened Inventories Of Major U.S. Beef Suppliers May Contribute To Price Pressures Domestically In 2010
Imports of beef to the United States are forecast at 2.66 billion pounds for 2010, a 1-percent increase from 2009. First-quarter imports for 2010 are forecast more than 10 percent lower than the same period in 2009. FULL STORY »
JBS Extends Investment In Australia With Hide Salting Plant
The Queensland Times reports JBS S.A. has added a $22 million hide salting facility to Swift’s Dinmore site in Australia.
FULL STORY »
- Mexico pork production expanding despite PEDv
- 6 habits of strategic thinkers
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture
- Vaught: Higher supplies are bound to impact prices
- Iowa leaders issue critical statement on EPA’s WOTUS rule
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future