USDA Secretary Mike Johanns has announced five appointments to the 15-member National Pork Board. The five appointees will serve three-year terms beginning July 1. They were chosen from among eight pork producers nominated and ranked by the National Pork Act Delegate Body during its annual meeting in March.
The appointees are:
- Tim A. Bierman, Larrabee, Iowa – Second term
- Henry E. Moore, Clinton, N.C. – First term
- Steven Weaver, Elk Grove, Calif. – Second term
- Bruce A. Samson, Three Forks, Mont. – Second term
- Everett L. Forkner, Richards, Mo. – First term
The new first-term members will join the Pork Board on June 6 for new member orientation. The first official board meeting for the new members will be the board’s strategic planning session July 17-20 in St. Louis. In addition, the new members will be integrated into three committees within the Board – budget, audit or administrative.
Source: National Pork Board