A team of culinary experts and pork producers met recently at the National Pork Board offices for the first-ever Pork Consumer Advisory Panel Summit. The panel will provide trend and industry insights and promote pork’s messages.
“The panel’s goal is to position the National Pork Board as the ultimate consumer and food media resource for all things pork,” says Ceci Snyder, assistant vice president of consumer marketing. “By leveraging these experts to add credibility to our pork checkoff programming throughout the year, we want to ensure that consumers maintain a positive image of pork.”
Panel participants include:
- Michael Giletto - executive chef of Cherry Valley Country Club, former Celebrated Chef, cookbook author, and recent competitor on Food Network’s “Iron Chef”
- Laura Pensiero - executive chef of Gigi Trattoria in the Hudson Valley, registered dietitian and cookbook author
- Craig Watkins - retail expert, member of Retail Advisory Panel, and meat merchandiser for Remkes Markets stores
- Dave Lieberman - host of Food Network’s “Good Deal with Dave Lieberman,” and cookbook author
- Rick Bayless - award-winning chef/owner of Frontera Grill and Topolobampo in Chicago, cookbook author, and PBS cooking show personality
- Liz Ward - registered dietitian, former spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, cookbook author and accomplished speaker
- Barb Determan - Iowa pork producer, Chairperson of the Nutrition Committee, member of the Pork Safety Committee and Demand Enhancement Committee
- Brad Greenway - pork producer form South Dakota, newly-elected chairperson of the Demand Enhancement Committee
- Joyce Hoppes - Iowa Pork Producers Association’s consumer information director
The NPB also plans to develop recipes; represent pork at media opportunities that arise throughout the year; author content, including blogs, on the Checkoff’s TheOtherWhiteMeat.com and porkandhealth.org; and make appearances at key pork events.