USDA Secretary Michael Johanns will select six names from nine nominees to fill positions within the National Pork Board.
About 160 producer delegates attending last week's Pork Industry Forum selected the following individuals for consideration to fill National Pork Board terms:
· Dianne Bettin, Truman, Minn.;
· Dennis Michael, Yankton, S.D.;
· Jeff Galle, Pittsfield, Ill.;
· Gene Nemechek, Wilson, N.C.;
· Randy Brown, Nevada, Ohio;
· Alan Wilhoite, Lebanon, Ind.;
· Dale Springer, Independence, Kan.;
· Curtis Meier, Clarinda, Iowa;
· David Reinecker, York Springs, Penn.
The National Pork Board is charged with allocating mandatory pork checkoff funds for the industry's research, education and promotional efforts. Johanns will announce the final selections to the National Pork Board this summer.