Mark Walton, PhD, chief marketing officer for Recombinetics, describes how gene-splicing technology can advance livestock genetics, and how the precautionary principle can stifle innovation in food production.
- U.S. meat, seafood prices rising on drought and disease
- Lower litter rates, higher dressed weights drive hog production
- Livestock slaughter: Pork production up 3%
- Food.Man.Chew: Helping develop DaBurger
- USDA reminds farmers of conservation compliance changes
- Alumbaugh: Join the “zero waste” movement