Phil Seng, president and CEO of the U.S. Meat Export Federation, discusses the importance of the USDA’s Market Access Program (MAP) in expanding beef exports, and the need to include MAP in the debate over the next farm bill.
Risk to USDA’s Market Access Program
- Big hog losses were the exception to mixed ag market trading
- Zoetis offers comments on FDA’s Guidance 213
- Congress could OK trade promotion bill in early 2014
- Ag markets posted a general advance Tuesday night
- Research shows consumer demand for transparency on food
- Lack of farm bill leaves farmers with uncertainty in 2014