At the NIAA conference on antibiotic resistance, Guy Loneragan, DVM, from Texas Tech University, summarizes a joint presentation he conducted with Morgan Scott, DVM, PhD, with Kansas State University. The session provided a point- counter-point discussion focusing on several key scientific papers regarding cause and effect in antibiotic resistance. For each case, one of the scientists argued in favor of the research methodology and conclusions while the other played “devil’s advocate,” pointing out flaws or weaknesses in the research. Read more in an article titled “The role of perspective in evaluating science.”
- Cargill issues corporate responsibility report
- Crop futures diverged from livestock markets Wednesday night
- Photo of the Day: All hands (and feet) on deck
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Kan. veterinarians get soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge