At the NIAA conference on antibiotic resistance, Guy Loneragan, DVM, from Texas Tech University, summarizes a joint presentation he conducted with Morgan Scott, DVM, PhD, with Kansas State University. The session provided a point- counter-point discussion focusing on several key scientific papers regarding cause and effect in antibiotic resistance. For each case, one of the scientists argued in favor of the research methodology and conclusions while the other played “devil’s advocate,” pointing out flaws or weaknesses in the research. Read more in an article titled “The role of perspective in evaluating science.”
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Surging soy prices sparked a broad crop-market advance Wednesday
- Farrow-to-finish margins tumble
- Goodwill Ambassadors for Family Farming recognized
- The World Series of ag: What inning is your business in?
- Lighter Side: Make way for the swimming pigs of…