Tim Fox, head of Energy and Environment for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, spoke at the International Food and Agriculture Marketing Association meeting in Atlanta recently. He mentioned that 50 percent of all food produced on the planet is lost or wasted before being consumed by people. See PorkNetwork Editor JoAnn Alumbaugh’s first interview with him, in which he explains how these losses occur.
Half of world's food wasted: Part 1
- Brumm Speaks Out: Corn piles, PEDv and random thoughts
- Vilsack: Supporting innovation for stronger rural communities
- Corn still suffers from demand concerns
- D.C. Watch: No farm bill in 2013
- USDA raises estimate of corn use, lowers price forecast
- Stopgap farm bill passes House, extends current law to January