At the NIAA conference on antibiotic resistance, Guy Loneragan, DVM, from Texas Tech University, summarizes a joint presentation he conducted with Morgan Scott, DVM, PhD, with Kansas State University. The session provided a point- counter-point discussion focusing on several key scientific papers regarding cause and effect in antibiotic resistance. For each case, one of the scientists argued in favor of the research methodology and conclusions while the other played “devil’s advocate,” pointing out flaws or weaknesses in the research. Read more in an article titled “The role of perspective in evaluating science.”
- Linking agricultural land to use values and amenities
- Brenneman: Putting 'battles' into perspective
- The $294 billion question: Do federal conservation dollars work?
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture
- Decline in oil prices caused by weak demand, good supply
- Commentary: Butter’s back, baby