At the NIAA conference on antibiotic resistance, Guy Loneragan, DVM, from Texas Tech University, summarizes a joint presentation he conducted with Morgan Scott, DVM, PhD, with Kansas State University. The session provided a point- counter-point discussion focusing on several key scientific papers regarding cause and effect in antibiotic resistance. For each case, one of the scientists argued in favor of the research methodology and conclusions while the other played “devil’s advocate,” pointing out flaws or weaknesses in the research. Read more in an article titled “The role of perspective in evaluating science.”
- Mark Greenwood named president of The Maschhoffs, LLC
- Photo of the Day: Phantom of the farrowing barn
- Jolley: Five Minutes with Vani Hari and why does she matter?
- Baise: EPA's new water definition would devastate business
- NIAA Antibiotics Use and Resistance Symposium nears
- All is quiet on the drought front