Des Moines, IA Fri Feb 22, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values steady to firm on moderate to fairly good
demand and moderate offerings. Select and Choice rib and chuck cuts
steady to firm while round and loin cuts steady to weak. Beef trimmings
higher on moderate demand and light to moderate offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.54 at 182.89; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
DN 0.01 at 180.19; based on 95.39 loads of Choice cuts, 34.77
loads of Select cuts, 13.24 loads of Trimmings, and 26.69
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 0.24 at 174.28; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses DN 0.04
Current index reflects the equivalent of 145,979 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 166.67
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.98, UP 0.18.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 29.58 loads of pork cuts and 4.0 loads of
Compared to Thursday's Close: Fresh bone-in loins not established;
butts 1.00 lower; sknd hams 20-23 lbs 2.00 lower, 23-27 lbs 3.00 lower;
slds bellies 14-18 lbs, along with lean trimmings not tested. Trading
very slow, with light demand and light to moderate offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **81.57 DN 0.21.**
Hams bone in trimmed, 20-23 lbs trim spec 1 74.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 1,979
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 54 406.23
45-55# 74 303.14
55-65# 304 275.18
65-75# 544 256.33
75-85# 509 237.27
85-UP 494 214.98
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 103,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 403,000; Sheep: 7,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Workshop to discuss nutrient application, management, stewardship
- Help for flood affected farmers
- USDA says has detected virus in Iowa hog population
- Oil rallies for third day, shrugging off firm dollar
- Ag markets diverged significantly Friday afternoon
- Hog Outlook: Retail prices up 2.4 percent over the last 2 years
- McDonald’s replaces Angus burgers with new burgers, more bacon
- Insects. They’re what’s for dinner!
- Tyson selects panel to monitor animal welfare program
- NPPC: America’s hog farmers urge Christie to veto bill
- World food supply depends on character, virtuous leadership
- Pot Pigs: Marijuana and vodka fed to hogs