Des Moines, IA Thu Feb 07, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values weak on Choice and firm on Select on
light to moderate demand and offerings. Select and Choice rib cuts
firm while chuck, round and loin cuts steady to weak. Beef trimming
lower on light to moderate demand and moderate offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 0.48 at 183.46; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
UP 0.48 at 181.13; based on 100.39 loads of Choice cuts, 41.86
loads of Select cuts, 37.79 loads of Trimmings, and 19.62
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses UP 1.17 at 177.82; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses UP 0.65
Current index reflects the equivalent of 134,492 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 165.75
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.59 DN 0.07.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 99.83 loads of pork cuts and 7.0 loads of
Compared to Wednesday's Close: Fresh 1/4" trimmed loins firm;
butts steady; sknd hams 20-27 lbs not tested; sdls bellies 14-16 lbs
3.00 lower, other weights not tested; lean trimmings not established.
Trading moderate, with mostly light demand and moderate to heavy offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **81.69 DN 0.72.** Loins bone
in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21# DN-LGT 110.00-112.00;
seedless bellies 14-16 lbs 132.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 763
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 23 365.20
45-55# 37 375.14
55-65# 26 318.65
65-75# 155 254.08
75-85# 311 236.97
85-UP 211 213.16
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 121,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 422,000; Sheep: 8,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Workshop to discuss nutrient application, management, stewardship
- Help for flood affected farmers
- USDA says has detected virus in Iowa hog population
- Oil rallies for third day, shrugging off firm dollar
- Ag markets diverged significantly Friday afternoon
- Hog Outlook: Retail prices up 2.4 percent over the last 2 years
- McDonald’s replaces Angus burgers with new burgers, more bacon
- Insects. They’re what’s for dinner!
- Tyson selects panel to monitor animal welfare program
- NPPC: America’s hog farmers urge Christie to veto bill
- World food supply depends on character, virtuous leadership
- Pot Pigs: Marijuana and vodka fed to hogs