Des Moines, IA Wed Dec 12, 2012 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight, Equated to FOB Omaha Basis
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT
Boxed beef cutout values weak on Choice while firm on Select on
light demand and light to moderate offerings. Select and Choice rib
and loin cuts steady to weak while chuck and loin items steady to firm.
Beef trimmings higher on light to moderate demand and light offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 0.39 at 195.78; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
UP 0.67 at 175.34; based on 84.89 loads of Choice cuts, 56.00
loads of Select cuts, 11.53 loads of Trimmings, and 48.00
loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses DN 0.32 at 184.97; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses UP 0.21
Current index reflects the equivalent of 117,438 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at 160.49
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.12, UP 0.12.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK
Sales reported on 94.13 loads of pork cuts and 3.0 loads of
Compared to Tuesday's Close: Fresh 1/4" trimmed loins steady
to 2.00 higher; butts unevenly steady; sknd hams 20-23 lbs unevenly
steady, 23-27 lbs steady to 3.00 lower; sdls bellies not tested;
lean trimmings 2.00 higher. Trading moderate, with light to moderate
demand and offerings.
*Calculations for a 200 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean
0.65" -0.80" back fat at last rib.* **83.58 DN 0.83.** Loins bone
in fresh 1/4 inch trim 21# DN-LGT 102.00-108.00; Hams bone in trimmed,
20-23 lbs trim spec 1 79.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 685
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN 31 334.19
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
55-65# 125 290.06
65-75# 184 257.18
75-85# 185 237.51
85-UP 155 211.32
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER
Cattle: 119,000 Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 433,000; Sheep: 8,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
Lucy Clark 515-284-4460 Desm.LGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
No matching related articles at this time.
- Ag markets moved generally higher Wednesday
- Infrastructure limits ag export growth, economist says
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector
- Oil pressured by Bernanke comments, crude stocks up
- Repainting “American Gothic:” Number of women farming triples
- Commentary: Severely ticked off
- Commentary: Ag must resist HSUS 'divide and conquer' strategy
- Outbreak of PEDV spreads to 13 U.S. states
- Smithfield Foods bid reflects China’s quality issues
- Finding the comedy in ag-gag
- National Pork Board elects new officers; Richter to lead
- Will Smith dethroned in latest Peterson Farm Bros. parody