Oklahoma City, OK Wed Sep 23, 2013 USDA-OK Dept Ag Market News
Oklahoma National Stockyards Hog Buying Station, Oklahoma City, OK.
Slaughter Hog Report for 09/23/2013.
Compared to Wednesday:
Barrows and Gilts: Steady.
US 1-3 220-270 lbs 60.00
Sows: Mostly 2.00 higher.
US 1-3 300-500 lbs 64.00-68.00
US 1-3 500-700 lbs 70.00-72.00
Boars: 200-250 lbs 20.00
over 250 lbs 5.00
Source: USDA-Oklahoma Dept of Ag Market News, Oklahoma City, OK
Telephone (405) 232-5425 Market Recording 405-636-2691
Oklahoma City Hogs
- Higher production costs mean fewer new, young farmers
- New research shows promise in controlling feral hogs
- Ag markets remained weak Wednesday morning
- U.S. appeals court upholds federal meat labeling regulation
- Photo of the day: Say 'hello' to the next generation
- The Maschhoffs buys two JBS sow farms
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Okla. Attorney General calls out HSUS on tornado donations
- Doane Market Watch: Hog shortage likely to persist
- Meeting to focus on food, farm and fuel
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Hog Outlook: Another month of record retail pork prices