Des Moines, IA Tue Sep 24, 2013 USDA Market News
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary, Compared to Previous Day
Prices in dollars per hundredweight
NATIONAL BOXED BEEF CUTOUT LM_XB403
Boxed beef cutout values steady on light to moderate demand and offerings. Select
and Choice rib, chuck, round, and loin cuts steady. Beef trimmings higher on
moderate demand and light offerings.
Estimated composite cutout value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses
up 0.22 at 193.77; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.26 at 177.05;
based on 46.36 loads of Choice cuts, 46.37 loads of Select cuts, 10.66
loads of trimmings, and 15.85 loads of coarse ground trimmings.
CARCASS PRICE EQUIVALENT INDEX VALUE NW_LS410
Estimated carcass price equivalent value of Choice 1-3 600-900 lbs
carcasses up 0.15 at 182.71; Select 1-3 600-900 lbs carcasses up 0.17
Current index reflects the equivalent of 160,518 head of cattle.
NATIONAL 5 DAY-ROLLING CUTTER COW CUTOUT LM_XB405
The Cutter cow carcass gross cutout value was estimated at
162.78 up 0.08.
BY-PRODUCT DROP VALUE NW_LS441
Hide and offal from a typical slaughter steer was estimated at
13.95 down 0.04.
NATIONAL CARLOT PORK LM_PK602
Sales reported on 310.4 loads of pork cuts and 28.88 loads of
*Calculations for a 205 lb Pork Carcass 53-54 percent lean 0.65" -0.80"
back fat at last rib.* Pork Carcass Cutout 99.30 dn -0.22.** Loin 1/4 inch
VAC 113.00-136.00; 17-20 lbs trim selected ham 0.00-0.00; 20-23
lbs trim selected ham 84.96-94.50; 23-27 lbs trim selected ham 83.00-103.00.
CARLOT LAMB CARCASS LM_XL501
DAILY CHOICE AND PRIME, YG 1-4 Head 659
Weight Head Wt Avg
45-DN *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
45-55# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
55-65# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
65-75# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
75-85# *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
85-UP *Price not reported due to confidentiality*
ESTIMATED DAILY LIVESTOCK SLAUGHTER SJ_ LS710
Cattle: 123,000; Calves: 3,000; Hogs: 435,000; Sheep: 9,000
Source: USDA Market News Service, Des Moines, IA
lmc 515-284-4460 Desm.LPGMN@ams.usda.gov
24 Hour recorded market information 515-284-4830
USDA Carlot Meat 4:00 Summary
- Higher production costs mean fewer new, young farmers
- New research shows promise in controlling feral hogs
- Ag markets remained weak Wednesday morning
- U.S. appeals court upholds federal meat labeling regulation
- Photo of the day: Say 'hello' to the next generation
- The Maschhoffs buys two JBS sow farms
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Okla. Attorney General calls out HSUS on tornado donations
- Doane Market Watch: Hog shortage likely to persist
- Meeting to focus on food, farm and fuel
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Hog Outlook: Another month of record retail pork prices