St. Joseph, MO Fri, January 25, 2013 USDA Market News Service
Afternoon National Slaughter Cattle Review as of 2:00 pm Friday
Thus far on Thursday, negotiated cash trade in the Southern Plains is mostly
inactive. Not enough sales for an adequate market trend. The last established
market was Wednesday with live sales selling at 122.00. In Nebraska, trading was
limited on light demand. Not enough sales to establish an adequate market trend.
The last established market was Thursday. Live sales sold from 122.00 to 124.50.
Dressed sales sold from 198.00 to 199.00. Trading in Colorado was mostly inactive.
The last established market was on Wednesday when live sales sold at 122.00, with
instances up to 122.50. In the Western Cornbelt, trading was limited on light
demand. The last established market was Thursday. Live sales sold from 123.00 to
124.00, instances of 125.00. Dressed sales sold from 198.00 to 200.00.
Confirmed: 5,250 Week ago: 7,283 Year ago: 3,889
Week to Date: 105,342 Week ago: 61,648 Year ago: 5,462
Negotiated: prices paid for Domestic Slaughter steers and heifers:
(Information derived from the 5 area weighted average LM_CT100)
Live basis Steers Heifers
Over 80% Choice 125.00- 126.00avg 125.22 123.50- 124.00avg 123.79
65 - 80% Choice - avg 124.00- 124.00avg 124.00
35 - 65% Choice - avg - avg
0 - 35% Choice - avg - avg
Total all grades 125.00- 126.00avg 125.22 123.50- 124.00avg 123.82
Dressed basis Steers Heifers
Over 80% Choice 198.00- 200.00avg 199.15 197.00- 200.00avg 199.00
65 - 80% Choice 197.00- 200.00avg 199.36 197.00- 198.00avg 197.13
35 - 65% Choice - avg 199.00- 199.00avg 199.00
0 - 35% Choice - avg - avg
Total all grades 197.00- 200.00avg 199.18 197.00- 200.00avg 197.68
Formula purchases: prices established thus far today for slaughtered
Beef Type: Domestic:
Head count priced today: 6,200
Weighted avg weight: 808
Weighted avg net price: 195.34
Covers transactions reported at 2:00 pm today. Comments and market conditions
may include information gathered from voluntary sources, all prices, weights
and head counts are only those gathered through the mandatory reporting system.
Source: USDA Market News Service, St Joseph, MO
(816)-238-0678 or (816)-676-7000 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Slaughter Cattle Review - Afternoon
No matching related articles at this time.
- Workshop to discuss nutrient application, management, stewardship
- Help for flood affected farmers
- USDA says has detected virus in Iowa hog population
- Oil rallies for third day, shrugging off firm dollar
- Ag markets diverged significantly Friday afternoon
- Hog Outlook: Retail prices up 2.4 percent over the last 2 years
- McDonald’s replaces Angus burgers with new burgers, more bacon
- Insects. They’re what’s for dinner!
- Tyson selects panel to monitor animal welfare program
- NPPC: America’s hog farmers urge Christie to veto bill
- World food supply depends on character, virtuous leadership
- Pot Pigs: Marijuana and vodka fed to hogs