Jefferson City, MO Tue Apr 30, 2013 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Palmyra, MO - F and T Livestock Market
Slaughter Cattle Auction for 4/29/2013
Receipts: 73 Week Ago: 16 Year Ago: 11
Compared to the last tested market, slaughter steers and heifers
2.00-3.00 higher. Demand good and the supply moderate.
Slaughter Steers: Choice 2-3 1150-1400 lbs 128.00-130.50,
Individual 131.50. Select and Choice 2-3 1200-1425 lbs 125.75-127.50.
Standard 1-2 1050-1350 lbs 113.00-118.50.
Slaughter Heifers: Choice 2-3 1100-1350 lbs 127.25-130.00.
Select and Choice 2-3 1150-1250 lbs 125.50-125.75.
Source: MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Palmyra, MO
Steve Disselhorst, Market Reporter, 573-751-5618
24 hour recorded report 573-522-9244
Palmyra Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
- Hog Outlook: Hog futures still setting record highs
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Pork production: Food vs. fuel
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Ukraine's importance in major grain, oilseed global trade
- Preventing PEDv: Take another look at biosecurity and nutrition
- Hog prices take off, probably due to PEDv
- North Dakota latest state to confirm case of PEDv
- PEDv has little impact on international pork market access
- Update on Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus
Easy Lock/HD free access stalls