Jefferson City, MO Tue Apr 30, 2013 MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News
Palmyra, MO - F and T Livestock Market
Slaughter Cattle Auction for 4/29/2013
Receipts: 73 Week Ago: 16 Year Ago: 11
Compared to the last tested market, slaughter steers and heifers
2.00-3.00 higher. Demand good and the supply moderate.
Slaughter Steers: Choice 2-3 1150-1400 lbs 128.00-130.50,
Individual 131.50. Select and Choice 2-3 1200-1425 lbs 125.75-127.50.
Standard 1-2 1050-1350 lbs 113.00-118.50.
Slaughter Heifers: Choice 2-3 1100-1350 lbs 127.25-130.00.
Select and Choice 2-3 1150-1250 lbs 125.50-125.75.
Source: MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Palmyra, MO
Steve Disselhorst, Market Reporter, 573-751-5618
24 hour recorded report 573-522-9244
Palmyra Slaughter Cattle Auction MO
- Lighter Side: Driver blames turtle, cat and squirrel for wreck
- Ag markets had a bad day Tuesday
- Higher production costs mean fewer new, young farmers
- New research shows promise in controlling feral hogs
- Ag markets remained weak Wednesday morning
- U.S. appeals court upholds federal meat labeling regulation
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Okla. Attorney General calls out HSUS on tornado donations
- Doane Market Watch: Hog shortage likely to persist
- Meeting to focus on food, farm and fuel
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- Tremendous response to Iowa’s new nutrient reduction program