The U.S. Farmers &Ranchers Alliance® (USFRA®) congratulates the winners of the Animal Ag Alliance’s fourth annual College Aggies Online (CAO) scholarship competition. The nationwide program was developed to help college students utilize social media to share agriculture's story. USFRA partnered with the Animal Ag Alliance on its CAO scholarships program, providing additional funding, curriculum development and program promotion.
“We applaud the student participants for sharing their personal stories through social media, and answering questions from their community about how food is grown and raised,” said Bob Stallman, chairman of USFRA and president of the American Farm Bureau Federation. “USFRA appreciates the opportunity to partner with Animal Ag Alliance in aligning our messaging and training the next generation of agriculture advocates.”
According to Stallman, enlisting the help of young farmers and ranchers in USFRA’s movement will be critical to the future success and acceptance of today’s agriculture since they already have existing social media platforms and can help lead the dialogue from those mediums.
Student award winners include:
- Group 1st Place:North Dakota State University PAS/CCFA in North Dakota
- Group 2nd Place: Purdue University’s Collegiate Beef Cattle Association
- Group 3rd Place:Montana State University’s Collegiate Montana Stockgrowers Club
- Group 4th Place:Louisiana State University Les Voyageurs club
- Individual 1st Place:Tiffany Swanson of North Dakota State University
- Individual 2nd Place:Zachary Frazier of Purdue University
- Individual 3rd Place:Karoline Rose of Montana State University
For more information about the CAO competition, contact Emily Meredith with the Animal Ag Alliance.
Source: U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance press release