Kansas State University (KSU) will hold its 2012 KSU Agricultural Lenders Conference on Tuesday, Oct. 9, in Garden City and Wednesday, Oct. 10, in Manhattan.
The program will be helpful to anyone in the Kansas financial community who is interested in learning about current agricultural topics. The Oct. 9 conference will be held at the Kansas State Southwest Research-Extension Center at 4500 E. Mary St. in Garden City. The Oct. 10 conference will take place at Kansas State’s International Grains Program Conference Center at 1980 Kimball Ave. in Manhattan.
Both conferences begin with registration at 8:15 a.m. and the program at 9 a.m. Program topics to be presented by K-State Research and Extension agricultural economists include:
• 2012 Grain Market Analysis and Outlook;
• Factors Affecting Lender Choice and Banking Strategies by Farmers;
• Impact of the 2012 Farm Bill on Kansas Farms;
• Land Prices During Periods of Rapid Change;
• Kansas Farm Management Association Update;
• Crop Insurance and the Farm Bill; and
• Beef Cattle Market for Outlook for 2012-2013.
The fee to attend the KSU Agricultural Lenders Conference is $85 if paid by Oct. 4, or $95 after that date or at the door. The fee includes conference materials and lunch. More information and registration are available online.