Mike Stambaugh, University of Missouri research assistant professor, Department of Forestry, specializes in dendrochronology, the science of tree ring analysis. He reports droughts have lasted decades in North America and the fourth or fifth longest during the last 1,000 years was 1908 to 1938.
Drought could last decades according to history
- Hog Outlook: Retail pork prices average $4.215 per pound
- Higher pork production anticipated in 2015
- Lighter Side: World's tallest cow found in Illinois
- Mark Greenwood named president of The Maschhoffs, LLC
- Photo of the Day: Phantom of the farrowing barn
- Jolley: Five Minutes with Vani Hari and why does she matter?