Mike Stambaugh, University of Missouri research assistant professor, Department of Forestry, specializes in dendrochronology, the science of tree ring analysis. He reports droughts have lasted decades in North America and the fourth or fifth longest during the last 1,000 years was 1908 to 1938.
Drought could last decades according to history
- Judge: Indiana hog farms protected by ‘Right to Farm’ law
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Okla. Attorney General calls out HSUS on tornado donations
- Doane Market Watch: Hog shortage likely to persist
- Meeting to focus on food, farm and fuel
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note