Mike Stambaugh, University of Missouri research assistant professor, Department of Forestry, specializes in dendrochronology, the science of tree ring analysis. He reports droughts have lasted decades in North America and the fourth or fifth longest during the last 1,000 years was 1908 to 1938.
Drought could last decades according to history
- Livestock Slaughter: Pork production drops 2%
- Cold Storage: Frozen pork supplies down 3%
- Ag markets closed mostly higher again Friday
- Hog Outlook: Farrow-to-finishers earned $107.25 per head in July
- Slaughter, hog weight adjustments raise second-half production
- WTO rules against U.S. in meat label fight