By now most readers of this blog, at least in the US, have read about the spread of PED virus in the Midwest swine industry. Last Wednesday at a meeting of veterinarians and producers at World Pork Expo it was announced that there have been 103 confirmed infections in the past month with the number expected to grow rapidly.
Brumm Speaks Out: PED virus and biosecurity
- U.S. meat, seafood prices rising on drought and disease
- Lower litter rates, higher dressed weights drive hog production
- Livestock slaughter: Pork production up 3%
- Food.Man.Chew: Helping develop DaBurger
- USDA reminds farmers of conservation compliance changes
- Alumbaugh: Join the “zero waste” movement