An online course in investing for farm families will begin Oct. 1. Developed by Extension educators across the nation, this online class gives farm families the information they need to make strategic decisions while weaving together farm and personal investments.
The 8-lesson course helps farm families plan for a financially stable future that meets long-term needs. Participants can work at their own pace, with each lesson taking less than an hour. Expected learning outcomes include:
- Increasing future financial security
- Identifying investment strategies
- Knowing asset allocation basics
- Evaluating investment productions alternatives to agriculture business risks
- Investing for retirement and farm succession planning