AgCareers.com will host a two-day workshop focused on developing quality internship programs. The event will take place in St. Louis on April 6-7, at the Sheraton Westport Hotel.
The workshop is designed for human resource professionals and intern managers. A highlight of the workshop will be a student panel to answer employer questions. Other topics will include:
- The benefits of a successful internship program
- How to gain support from management
- How to get students excited about the internship program
- Types of projects that are meaningful for the student and provide value to the employer
- What should (and should not) be included in the internship program
The workshop will be helpful for those employers creating an internship program and those who seek to improve their existing programs.
Participating organizations will be eligible to participate in a market research project regarding interns' expectations and feedback. AgCareers.com will facilitate a third-party survey of all summer interns prior to their start date and after completion of the internship. The results will be provided to each participating company (intern identities will be kept confidential). In addition, employers will receive a report of all responses (companies will be kept confidential).