DES MOINES, Iowa -- Animal rights groups have stepped up the pressure on food companies to dictate on-farm production practices. In response, the National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) is finding more ways to communicate with food companies and consumers about livestock production practices, according to NPPC President-Elect Randy Spronk and CEO Neil Dierks. Both sat down with AgriTalk at World Pork Expo in Des Moines. Also joining the discussion, Sam Carney, past NPPC president and Iowa producer, talks about pork producer priorities for the 2012 Farm Bill.
Live from WPX 2012: NPPC looks at today’s top issues
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Hog futures the exception to bearish ag market rule Monday AM
- Doane Market Watch: All eyes on Friday's Hogs & Pigs report
- Food versus fuel in U.S. renewable energy showdown
- U.S. Ag Centers ready for National Farm Safety and Health Week
- Lower hog numbers keep prices high