DES MOINES, Iowa -- Animal rights groups have stepped up the pressure on food companies to dictate on-farm production practices. In response, the National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) is finding more ways to communicate with food companies and consumers about livestock production practices, according to NPPC President-Elect Randy Spronk and CEO Neil Dierks. Both sat down with AgriTalk at World Pork Expo in Des Moines. Also joining the discussion, Sam Carney, past NPPC president and Iowa producer, talks about pork producer priorities for the 2012 Farm Bill.
Live from WPX 2012: NPPC looks at today’s top issues
- Hog Outlook: Retail pork prices average $4.215 per pound
- Higher pork production anticipated in 2015
- Lighter Side: World's tallest cow found in Illinois
- Mark Greenwood named president of The Maschhoffs, LLC
- Photo of the Day: Phantom of the farrowing barn
- Jolley: Five Minutes with Vani Hari and why does she matter?