Eight producers have been nominated for consideration to be appointed to the National Pork Board. The Pork Act Delegate body, made up of producers nationwide, held elections at last week’s National Pork Industry Forum and will submit the eight producers’ names to USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack for consideration.
The eight nominated producers are:
- Brad Greenway, Mitchell, S.D.
- Dale Norton, Bronson, Mich.
- Gene Nemecheck, Springdale, Ark.
- Randy Brown, Nevada, Ohio
- Lisa Colby, Newburyport, Mass.
- Tim Belstra, DeMotte, Ind.
- Jeff Galle, Ill.
- Jamey Tosh, Henry, Tenn.
Vilsack will appoint five producers to serve a three-year term on the NPB board. The appointments are usually completed by late spring or early summer.