As of this week, the pork facilities that are suspended from exporting product to China include:
- Smithfield Packing Co., Tar Heel, N.C.
- John Morrell & Co., Sioux City, Iowa
- Seaboard Foods, Guymon, Okla.
- Equity Group-Ky. Division, Albany, Ky.
- Mountaire Farms-Delmarva, Selbyville, Del.
"Details are still being translated, so we have no further information at this time," FSIS indicated.
Meanwhile, Mexico has suspended imports from pork and deli meats purveyor Heritage Acres Foods LLC, Pleasant Hope, Mo.
That particular facility had been de-listed in May and re-listed in June. However, FSIS said that Mexican authorities examining products from the facility found critical deficiencies in two separate loads at two separate entry ports. That caused them to de-list the plant again.