The Biotechnology Industry Organization has scheduled a Livestock Biotech Summit for Sept. 28-30, 2010, in Sioux Falls, S.D.
The livestock biotech summit is BIO's first national industry conference on genetically engineered animal technologies. This conference will focus on developing global solutions through animal biotechnology.
Workshops and Sessions
Three days of ground-breaking programming will engage leaders from industry, academia and government in cross-cutting discussions. The program will include two major areas of focus:
* Care of Ag Animals in Research
Gain insight on agricultural animal care and use in research during the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee's (IACUC) workshop.
Navigate the unique requirements for agricultural animals and review the newly revised "Ag Guide" with industry experts.
* Genetic Engineering of Ag Animals
Engage in real life case studies of products weaving their way through the regulatory process.
* Hear all about the latest applications in biomedical and food research
* Discover public and private funding opportunities
Who Should Attend?
• IACUC Members
• Academic & Industrial Scientists
• Genetic Engineering Researchers
• Research Animal Suppliers
• Drug & Vaccine Developers/Manufacturers
• Serum and Blood Producers
• Biomedical Device Producers
• Animal Disease Model Developers
• Xenotransplantation Specialists
For general information email email@example.com or call (202).962-9200.
More information is available on the BIO Web Site