PorkNetwork editor JoAnn Alumbaugh visited with Darren Warth, owner of Smokey D’s restaurants, at the Kansas City Royal World Series of Barbecue last weekend before the competition began. Winners were announced on Monday, and Warth’s team, Iowa Smokey D’s was named the Grand Champion in the open division, topping the 550-team field! We excited to have Darren as a new blogger for PorkNetwork. Check out his “Food.Man.Chew.” blog.
Interview with Darren Warth before his big win
- Lighter Side: Maine’s mysterious screaming pig strikes again
- Poland confirms case of African swine fever in farm pigs
- Firefighters, first responders learn grain bin safety and rescue
- Study claims beef worse for environment than pork, poultry
- PEDv: Billions and billions of virus particles
- How is antibiotic use going to change under proposals by the FDA