PorkNetwork editor JoAnn Alumbaugh visited with Darren Warth, owner of Smokey D’s restaurants, at the Kansas City Royal World Series of Barbecue last weekend before the competition began. Winners were announced on Monday, and Warth’s team, Iowa Smokey D’s was named the Grand Champion in the open division, topping the 550-team field! We excited to have Darren as a new blogger for PorkNetwork. Check out his “Food.Man.Chew.” blog.
Interview with Darren Warth before his big win
- Hog Outlook: Retail pork prices average $4.215 per pound
- Higher pork production anticipated in 2015
- Lighter Side: World's tallest cow found in Illinois
- Mark Greenwood named president of The Maschhoffs, LLC
- Photo of the Day: Phantom of the farrowing barn
- Jolley: Five Minutes with Vani Hari and why does she matter?