PorkNetwork editor JoAnn Alumbaugh visited with Darren Warth, owner of Smokey D’s restaurants, at the Kansas City Royal World Series of Barbecue last weekend before the competition began. Winners were announced on Monday, and Warth’s team, Iowa Smokey D’s was named the Grand Champion in the open division, topping the 550-team field! We excited to have Darren as a new blogger for PorkNetwork. Check out his “Food.Man.Chew.” blog.
Interview with Darren Warth before his big win
- Judge: Indiana hog farms protected by ‘Right to Farm’ law
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Tremendous response to Iowa’s new nutrient reduction program
- Okla. Attorney General calls out HSUS on tornado donations
- Drought costs California's ag industry $2.2 billion
- Doane Market Watch: Hog shortage likely to persist