Tim Fox, head of Energy and Environment for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, spoke at the International Food and Agriculture Marketing Association meeting in Atlanta recently. He mentioned that 50 percent of all food produced on the planet is lost or wasted before being consumed by people. See PorkNetwork Editor JoAnn Alumbaugh’s first interview with him, in which he explains how these losses occur.
Half of world's food wasted: Part 1
- Prevent insects from infesting stored grain
- Copra meal in pig diets reduces use of inorganic phosphates
- Malaysian Pork Congress highlights quality pork
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning
- Prevent early culling by preventing sow lameness
- Persistence pays off for young Iowa pig farmer