Tim Fox, head of Energy and Environment for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, spoke at the International Food and Agriculture Marketing Association meeting in Atlanta recently. He mentioned that 50 percent of all food produced on the planet is lost or wasted before being consumed by people. See PorkNetwork Editor JoAnn Alumbaugh’s first interview with him, in which he explains how these losses occur.
Half of world's food wasted: Part 1
- Hog Outlook: Retail pork prices average $4.215 per pound
- Higher pork production anticipated in 2015
- Lighter Side: World's tallest cow found in Illinois
- Mark Greenwood named president of The Maschhoffs, LLC
- Photo of the Day: Phantom of the farrowing barn
- Jolley: Five Minutes with Vani Hari and why does she matter?