Tim Fox, head of Energy and Environment for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, spoke at the International Food and Agriculture Marketing Association meeting in Atlanta recently. He mentioned that 50 percent of all food produced on the planet is lost or wasted before being consumed by people. See PorkNetwork Editor JoAnn Alumbaugh’s first interview with him, in which he explains how these losses occur.
Half of world's food wasted: Part 1
- Hog Outlook: Another month of record retail pork prices
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Luc Dufresne to receive Science in Practice award
- Lighter Side: Rural sign warns of farm animals having sex
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday
- CF Industries sells carbon credits, donates proceeds to FFA