Tim Fox, head of Energy and Environment for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, spoke at the International Food and Agriculture Marketing Association meeting in Atlanta recently. He mentioned that 50 percent of all food produced on the planet is lost or wasted before being consumed by people. See PorkNetwork Editor JoAnn Alumbaugh’s first interview with him, in which he explains how these losses occur.
Half of world's food wasted: Part 1
- Mexico pork production expanding despite PEDv
- 6 habits of strategic thinkers
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture
- Vaught: Higher supplies are bound to impact prices
- Iowa leaders issue critical statement on EPA’s WOTUS rule
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future