Tim Fox, head of Energy and Environment for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, spoke at the International Food and Agriculture Marketing Association meeting in Atlanta recently. He mentioned that 50 percent of all food produced on the planet is lost or wasted before being consumed by people. See PorkNetwork Editor JoAnn Alumbaugh’s first interview with him, in which he explains how these losses occur.
Half of world's food wasted: Part 1
- Poland confirms case of African swine fever in farm pigs
- Firefighters, first responders learn grain bin safety and rescue
- Study claims beef worse for environment than pork, poultry
- PEDv: Billions and billions of virus particles
- How is antibiotic use going to change under proposals by the FDA
- Livestock futures tumble Wednesday morning