The livestock industry is taking a direct hit by this summer’s drought, and that will impact consumers’ wallets next year, says a University of Missouri agricultural economist.
Drought’s impact on livestock may raise food prices 8% in 2013
- Hog Outlook: Another month of record retail pork prices
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Luc Dufresne to receive Science in Practice award
- Lighter Side: Rural sign warns of farm animals having sex
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday
- CF Industries sells carbon credits, donates proceeds to FFA