Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University meteorologist, explains that the impact of the drought could continue if the states of Iowa and Illinois have less than 18 inches of moisture to recharge droughty soils by the end of planting 2013, and that will require above normal rainfall as of Oct. 1 through the end of June.
Drought could continue without soil recharge
- USMEF: Regional director sees potential in Cambodian market
- Novartis opens animal health books to Bayer, others
- Fact sheet: Farm bill programs and the environment, economy
- Ethanol cut may drive down U.S. corn prices, drive up subsidies
- Farrow-to-finish margins strongly in the black
- Charity watchdog exposes HSUS for incorrect tax filings