Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University meteorologist, explains that the impact of the drought could continue if the states of Iowa and Illinois have less than 18 inches of moisture to recharge droughty soils by the end of planting 2013, and that will require above normal rainfall as of Oct. 1 through the end of June.
Drought could continue without soil recharge
- Most ag markets turned lower Thursday
- Crop markets reacted differently to Thursday's export data
- 13th annual Animal Ag Summit "Cracking the Millennial Code"
- Exports: Corn sales set 10-week low…again
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Exports: Pork sales rebound substantially