Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University meteorologist, explains that the impact of the drought could continue if the states of Iowa and Illinois have less than 18 inches of moisture to recharge droughty soils by the end of planting 2013, and that will require above normal rainfall as of Oct. 1 through the end of June.
Drought could continue without soil recharge
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Guarding against overreach of the Endangered Species Act
- Zinpro Corporation announces realignment and promotions
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Exports: Corn sales see slight uptick, soybeans plummet again