Elwynn Taylor, Iowa State University meteorologist, explains that the impact of the drought could continue if the states of Iowa and Illinois have less than 18 inches of moisture to recharge droughty soils by the end of planting 2013, and that will require above normal rainfall as of Oct. 1 through the end of June.
Drought could continue without soil recharge
- Judge: Indiana hog farms protected by ‘Right to Farm’ law
- Okla. Attorney General keeps pressure on HSUS
- Tremendous response to Iowa’s new nutrient reduction program
- Okla. Attorney General calls out HSUS on tornado donations
- Doane Market Watch: Hog shortage likely to persist
- Meeting to focus on food, farm and fuel