According to the USDA's Cold Storage report, total meat supplies in freezers were up 3 percent from the previous month and up 3 percent from last year. Frozen pork supplies were up 1 percent from the previous month and up 6 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were up 207 percent from last month but down 29 percent from last year.

Total pounds of beef in freezers were up 6 percent from the previous month and up 1 percent from last year.

Total frozen poultry supplies on November 30, 2011 were down 23 percent from the previous month and down 9 percent from a year ago. Total stocks of chicken were down 5 percent from the previous month and down 14 percent from last year. Total pounds of turkey in freezers were down 53 percent from last month but up 11 percent from November 30, 2010.