The American Association of Swine Veterinarians (AASV) provided an opportunity for 15 veterinary students to compete for awards in the Veterinary Student Poster Competition at the association’s 44thAnnual Meeting in San Diego, CA. BoehringerIngelheimVetmedica sponsored the competition, offering awards totaling $4000.
Based on scores received in the original judging of abstracts submitted for the AASV Student Seminar, the top 15 abstracts not selected for oral presentation at the Annual Meeting are eligible to compete in the poster competition.
BoehringerIngelheim announced the following awards during the AASV Luncheon last week.
- $500 Award – Ethan Sponk, Universityof Minnesota – Top student poster entitled “A serial study to determine piglet vaccination age based on maternal antibody decay, time of infection and potential aerosolization of Mycoplasma hyorhinis”
- $400 awards:
- Amy Martell, University of Pennsylvania
- Marisa Rotolo, Iowa State University
- $300 awards:
- Stacy Brussell, University of Minnesota
- Deanne Day, Iowa State University
- Kalie Pettit, University of Minnesota
- $200 awards:
- Daniel Boykin, North Carolina State University
- Alexander Hintz, University of Wisconsin
- Levi Johnson, Iowa State University
- Michelle Lam, University of Guelph
- Dana Lembke, Iowa State University
- Brittney Mclamb, North Carolina State University
- Shonna Parker, University of Tennessee
- Shawna Rossini, University of Pennsylvania
- Kathryn Sullivan, University of Pennsylvania
In addition to the poster competition awards, each student poster participant received a $250 travel stipend from Zoetis.