Here are the results for the breed shows and sales held during the 20th World Pork Expo, June 5-7, in Des Moines, Iowa:
(For complete results, click here.)
- Dean Compart, Minn., judged the Duroc show.
- The Grand Champion Duroc Boar, shown by Stewart’s Duroc Farm, Iowa, sold to Tom Kurtenbach Family, Ill., for $10,000.
- Jason Kimmel, Ind., exhibited the Reserve Grand Champion Duroc Boar. He sold to Prairie State Semen, Inc., Ill., for $12,000.
- Shipley Swine Genetics, Ohio, exhibited the Grand Champion Duroc Gilt. She sold to the Engler Family, Iowa, or $1,850.
- Vandi Vann, Texas, exhibited the Reserve Grand Champion Duroc Gilt. She sold to Larry Smart, Kan., for $650.
- Dave Kilmer, Ind., evaluated the Hampshire show.
- Earl Cain & Family, Iowa, exhibited the Grand Champion Hampshire Boar, sold to Shipley Swine Genetics, Ohio, for $10,000.
- Reserve Grand Champion Hampshire Boar honors went to Pedigreed International, Iowa, and sold to Brinning/Sieren/Grimm, Iowa, for $11,000.
- Aaron Cain, Iowa sold his Grand Champion Hampshire Gilt to Troy Walker, Ind., for $2,100.
- Tom Moyer & Family, Ohio exhibited their Reserve Grand Champion Hampshire Gilt. She sold to Hirschfeld & Sons, Neb., for $3,300.
- Dean Compart, Minn., also evaluated the Landrace show.
- The Grand Champion Landrace Boar, shown by Cedar Ridge Farms, Inc., Ill., sold to Lean Value Sires, Ohio, for $1,000.
- Reserve Grand Champion Landrace Boar honors went to Behrmann Hog Farm, Ill. He sold to Grant Lazerus, Pa., for $600.
- Ben Grohmann, Ill., received Grand Champion Landrace Gilt honors. She sold to Cory, Dwayne & Leon Nelson, Neb., for $1,100.
- Maynard Hahn & Family, Ind., bought the Reserve Grand Champion Landrace Gilt, shown by Megan Grohmann, Ill., for $225.
- Dave Walter, Ind., judged the Yorkshire show.
- Grimm Purebreds, Iowa, exhibited the Grand Champion Yorkshire Boar. The boar sold to Jim & Mike McCoy, Ohio, for $41,000.
- Grimm Purebreds, Iowa, drove the Reserve Grand Champion Yorkshire Boar. The boar sold to Hoosier State Semen, Ind., for $5,500.
- Grand Champion Yorkshire Gilt honors went to Grimm Purebreds, Iowa. The gilt sold to Winmor Farms, Iowa, for $5,000.
- The Reserve Grand Champion Yorkshire Gilt, shown by Maynard Hahn & Family, Ind., sold to Kent Brattain & Family, Ind., for $700.
- John Turek, Calif., exhibited the Grand Champion Crossbred Boar. The boar sold to Hi Point Genetics, Ill., for $41,000.
- Robert Wehmer & Family, Ind., exhibited the Reserve Champion Crossbred Boar, sold to Shaffer’s Gold Rush, Ind., for $2,300.
Source: National Pork Producers Council