Artificial Insemination: 2001 Pork Industry Structure Study
The use of artificial insemination has increased dramatically in the last three years (Table 2). The 2001 Pork Industry Structure Study shows that nearly 70 percent of all litters farrowed in 2000 were sired by AI compared to less than half of the litters in 1997. The use of AI tends to increase as the operation’s size increases.
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Guarding against overreach of the Endangered Species Act
- Zinpro Corporation announces realignment and promotions
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Exports: Corn sales see slight uptick, soybeans plummet again