Artificial Insemination: 2001 Pork Industry Structure Study
The use of artificial insemination has increased dramatically in the last three years (Table 2). The 2001 Pork Industry Structure Study shows that nearly 70 percent of all litters farrowed in 2000 were sired by AI compared to less than half of the litters in 1997. The use of AI tends to increase as the operation’s size increases.
- Hog Outlook: Retail pork prices average $4.215 per pound
- Higher pork production anticipated in 2015
- Lighter Side: World's tallest cow found in Illinois
- Mark Greenwood named president of The Maschhoffs, LLC
- Photo of the Day: Phantom of the farrowing barn
- Jolley: Five Minutes with Vani Hari and why does she matter?