Jefferson City, MO Thu Dec 16, 2010 MO Dept of Ag/USDA Market News
Interior Missouri Direct Hogs
Estimated Receipts: 660; Week Ago: 557; Year Ago: 1136
Week to Date Total 3031, Week Ago 4374, Year Ago 5963
Wednesday’s Actual Receipts: 948
Supply and demand light to moderate.
Compared to Wednesday’s close barrows and gilts steady.
Base Carcass Meat Price 62.00-64.00
Sows: (cash prices) steady.
300-500 lbs 38.00-44.00
over 500 lbs 43.00-48.00
Source: MO Dept of Ag-USDA Market News Service, Jefferson City, MO
Tony Hancock, Market Reporter (573) 751-5618
24 hour recorded report 1-573-522-9244
Interior Missouri Direct Slaughter Hog Report
- Most ag markets turned lower Thursday
- Crop markets reacted differently to Thursday's export data
- 13th annual Animal Ag Summit "Cracking the Millennial Code"
- Exports: Corn sales set 10-week low…again
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Exports: Pork sales rebound substantially