Breakfast is the new hot dining card, and quick-service restaurants are scrambling to stake their claim. Wendy's reports that after a successful round of testing at 160 locations, the company will expand its morning menu from the 160 trial restaurants to more than 650 sites across the United States by August.
Wendy's signature breakfast items will include:
- Buttermilk Frescuit, a "special" biscuit that features egg, cheese, and a choice of sausage, bacon or ham
- Steak and Egg Breakfast Sandwich, which features egg, cheese, slices of seasoned steak and bacon served on a Kaiser roll
- Big Breakfast Sandwich, which includes egg, cheese, hickory-smoked bacon and seasoned sausage on a Kaiser roll
- Grande Breakfast Burrito, which features scrambled eggs, seasoned sausage, roasted potatoes, Cheddar and American cheese, served in a flour tortilla with Wendy's hot sauce
- French Toast Sticks, served with syrup for dipping
Note, the amount and variety of pork products within that list.
It's worth noting that Wendy's officials have confirmed that the company is entertaining the prospect of selling the quick-serve restaurants.