A lot of people still perceive pork as high in fat. You may even know someone like this.
Consider sharing some of these lean cooking tips with people you come across. After all, promoting your product is your responsibility too.
- Trim any visible fat before cooking.
- Control portion size: 3 ounces is about the size of a deck of cards.
- Use low-fat preparation techniques: broil, grill, roast on a rack or stir-fry meat in minimal fat.
- Marinate or use spice rubs on lean pork cuts for extra flavor.
- Use nonfat, low-sodium herbs and spices to season instead of high-fat sauces.
- Do not overcook lean pork: Cook until a meat thermometer reads 160° F or until it’s slightly pink.
For recipe ideas, contact the National Pork Producers Council at (515) 223-2600.