Although grilled pork chops are a consumer favorite the cut offers a multitude of cooking options. The 2001 Restaurants and Institutions Menu Census includes pork chops in its new recipes for foodservice. These recipes were developed by some of the pork industry's Celebrated Chefs, a handful of prestigious chefs from around the country that the National Pork Board name as pork spokespersons for the foodservice industry. This program is now in its 6th year.
The new recipe selection features:
- Grilled Pork Rib Chop by Ben Barker, Magnolia Grill, Durham, N.C.
- Cranberry & Pecan-Crusted Rack of Pork by Tracy O'Grady & Jeff Guetjen, Kinkead's, Washington, D.C.
- Marinated Double-Cut Pork Chop by Martin Rios, Old House Restaurant, Santa Fe, N.M.
- Chili-Grilled Pork Chops by Rhys Lewis, American Club, Kohler, Wis.
- Herbsaint-Brined Pork Chop by Susan Spicer, Bayona/HerbsaintRestaurants, New Orleans, La.
If you’re interesting in getting copies of these recipes, contact NPB at (515) 223-2600 or log on to its Web site at www.porkboard.org