If you're thinking of expanding or updat-ing your current facilities, be sure to bring along the proper financial informa-tion when meeting with your lender, suggests Gary Luethi, senior business analyst for Farm Credit Services of Northeast Wisconsin.
Luethi suggests providing your lender with the following items:
- Three most recent years of tax returns and earnings, balance sheets and production records.
- Income and expense budgets for the transition year.
- Income and expense budget for the first year after the project is completed.
- A balance sheet that shows your projected position after the project has been completed.
- A copy of your written business goals.
- An estimated timetable for completing the project.