In front of you is a new Pork.
PorkNetwork, to be precise. The brand you’ve known for years has a new mission: Provide solutions for the enhancement of pork production trends/forecasting and management, operations and overall market performance while addressing social issues and consumer needs.
The new mission involves four pillars, to improve your pork businesses with insights on:
- Animal production and management;
- Operation management; and
- Social issues linked to consumer understanding
To achieve this, we have:
- New name: porkNetwork, which is committed to delivering quality content in print, online and in person – whenever a producer needs it
- New mission statement: the above goal which aligns with pork market needs and provides solutions for a dynamic market
- Broader audience: we’ve expanded porkNetwork print readership to 18,000 qualified subscribers
- More community involvement: we offer leading industry voices, user comments and social discussions
- Content better aligned with modern business needs: this includes market information, consumer insights and focus on animal health.
We know this is the right direction for porkNetwork to take because we asked you what you wanted. We interviewed you in person and conducted extensive industry research in 2012. You can see this in depth in our 2013 media kit.
You told us Contract Growers prefer to receive pork industry information via email and digital products, while most leading Integrators prefer to receive information via websites. And no one wants to give up the print edition, even while consuming news and information digitally.
PorkNetwork.com is the website the industry relies most on, as are its e-newsletters. You use the Internet daily, and many of you access it by smartphone. The website has a new look in 2013, just like the print edition, to reflect your information needs.
Please enjoy this new multiplatform approach to serving your content needs. We continually invest and improve our digital products, as you have already experienced the new porkNetwork.com website and e-newsletters.
And soon you will meet the new editor of porkNetwork, who will prove to you that we are committed to delivering news and information in the format(s) you prefer.
The pork industry continues to evolve, and the new porkNetwork reflects that.