DES MOINES, Iowa -- The 2015 World Pork Expo kicked off Wednesday, drawing large crowds of producers, pork employees and industry professionals.
Here are just a few of the highlights from the first day of the show:
- The latest research on Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea virus (PEDv)
- The need for Congress to pass the Trade Promotion Authority
- Responses to the latest Veterinary Feed Directive announcement, including upcoming revisions to the PQA Plus program, consumer outreach and research funding.
- Impacts the export markets have on agriculture and beyond
- Dr. Paul Sundberg named the director of the Swine Health Information Center
- Effects of Avian Influenza outbreaks on the pork market
- Conquering challenges, whether they be scaling Mt. Everest or managing lightweight pigs.
Click here for photos from the event. The Expo continues through Friday, and we welcome you to join us! Don’t forget to stop by our booth - V763 - to say “hi” to our sales and editorial staff, pick up a copy of our latest issue and enter for your chance to win.