The Iowa Pork Producers Association has teamed up with the Iowa Pork Industry Center and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach swine specialists to host regional conferences Feb. 22-25.
All sessions are hosted from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Conference dates and locations are as follows:
- Monday, Feb. 22 - Sheldon, Northwest Iowa Community College, Building A
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 - Carroll, Carroll County Extension Office
- Wednesday, Feb. 24 - Nashua, Borlaug Learning Center
- Friday, Feb. 25 - Iowa City, Johnson County Extension Office
Conferences are free for those who pre-register or $5 at the door.
"We strive to provide educational sessions that can provide a return on producer's Pork Checkoff investment," said Tyler Bettin, IPPA state public policy director. "This year's sessions should provide take home value for anyone involved in day-to-day pork production management."
This year's conferences will highlight:
- Positioning your operation for future success
- Understanding Seneca Valley Virus
- Practical PRRS management strategies
- Considerations of applied antibiotic use
ISU swine specialists also will offer free PQA Plus® training prior to each conference. Training will be hosted from 9:30 a.m. to noon at each conference location.
To pre-register for the conferences and/or PQA Plus training, Contact IPPA (800) 372-7675 or email@example.com.