CBS covers sale of Smithfield, interviews farmer
The purchase of Smithfield Foods by the Chinese company, Shaunghui, could be a boon to the US pork industry in the form of increased exports, but it may not be worth the risk for food safety and security. FULL STORY »
Protecting ag or silencing activists?
Activist groups have gained publicity in recent years by going into farm operations and taking undercover videos. Now, the agricultural community is fighting back in a number of states by enacting farm protection legislation, commonly referred to as “ag-gag” bills. FULL STORY »
Vilsack: Many losers in farm bill defeat
A politically divided Congress did not pass the farm bill on Thursday and it could have major repercussions for the U.S. economy. according to U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack. FULL STORY »
Finding the comedy in ag-gag
While some people may not get a chuckle out of the ongoing debate between agriculture producers and animal rights groups, a recent news expose on The Daily Show with John Stewart found a way to coax laughter out of the grim circumstances. FULL STORY »
- Most ag markets turned lower Thursday
- Crop markets reacted differently to Thursday's export data
- 13th annual Animal Ag Summit "Cracking the Millennial Code"
- Exports: Corn sales set 10-week low…again
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine
- Exports: Pork sales rebound substantially